My mom and I was roaming around Trinoma Mall finding the best restaurant to eat at on Christmas Day. The Rosario movie tickets we purchased wouldn’t start for another 2 whole hours and we had ample time to eat some yummy food.
After checking out almost all the restaurants in the mall, we decided to have our meal at Yakimix. I tried it before with my best friend, Christina. I knew my mom would love it too. We were early so we had seats. I think it was around 5:30pm when we entered.
We were greeted warmly by the staff. The first of the staff greeted us and exclaimed, “irasshaimase”. Then you’d hear the rest of the staff exclaiming the same thing! Wahhh! It was just funny coz we kept hearing the same greeting over and over as guests entered the restaurant.
I love the ambiance of Yakimix. They have great lighting, comfortable chairs, huge place and awesome chandeliers. It always amazes me whenever I enter restaurants and how they decide to decorate the place. When it comes to dining out and choosing restaurants, there’s just so much to choose from that offering a great meal is not just the only component, but you must be able to offer an environment that is inviting to your customers as well. Yakimix has a great conceptualized restaurant atmosphere. From the refreshing and bright lighting, all the way to the glass dividers which were unique unto themselves, and the color scheme was simple but all worked well together.
I’m sure they’re used to having diners come in and stay for a while since they really do have a great variety of dishes. We just had to stay as long as we could until we couldn’t stomach anymore food hehehe :p
Yakimix basically offers buffet. Buffet that includes ready to eat food and food that we can cook at the table. The price is pretty reasonable considering the variety of foods that are available and also did I mention that it was a buffet!
These are the prices for your information:
- Eat All You Can – Php 580
- Eat All You Can during monday to friday lunchtime except holidays – Php 499
- Eat All You Can for Children below 4 feet – Php 380
- Left Over Price per person – Php 699
They also have drink all you can at Php 65. You can choose between lemonade, iced tea, water & softdrinks. You can also change your mind during the course of your meal and change your drink to another variant. I stuck with my blue lemonade throughout our meal though. My mom, on the other hand, just loves Coke light.
Here is what you can expect to see at Yakimix:
- Maki and Sushi — soooooo many of them!
- Cooked food replenished like almost every 5 minutes. We were like people who haven’t eaten for 10 years hahaha! The favorites among them are tempura shrimps and fried lechon pork.
- Wide array of raw items for us to cook and season to our liking. My favorite were the pork and intestines. My mom got a lot of shrimp for us though. She knows I just cannot get enough of freshly cooked shrimp! And I just love that many of the uncooked foods were already marinaded and seasoned which definitely makes it even easier to get freshly cooked food that tastes so good.
- The Desserts section at Yakimix is most probably everyone’s favorite. Aside from the cakes and other yummy desserts in the picture below. They also have fruits and ice cream! There were about 4 flavors of ice cream when we were there plus some toppings that we were able to choose from too! They also have popsicles available.
My mom was busy cooking for us and I can’t help but capture this moment. I’m truly lucky to have a loving mom like her. She spent Christmas with me! Look at how focused she was cooking on the grill hahaha! Sooooo cute!
It’s truly smokeless, we didn’t have to worry about the heat. Oil was in the grill already so we didn’t need butter as well.
The picture below is what I looked like as I was enjoying my food. Anyone who knows me surely knows how much I love shrimps, and I could go on for hours just slowly enjoying biting into each piece. However, we obviously couldn’t stay in the restaurant forever, and oh how I wish we also had a bottomless stomach sometimes. Honestly, if you look at my place close enough, you would see that my plate was full of shrimp. I can’t say this enough, but what a great way to have Christmas dinner especially for someone who loves seafood.
Yakimix Sushi, Smokeless Grill Restaurant
4th Level, Trinoma Mall, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines